Monday, July 13, 2009

What a day!

Vake and I had a busy busy day. Eric rolled out of here super early but got a chance to say goodbye to little Vake before he hopped a plane to Seattle.

I had a day in Court that actually made me pretty satisfied in terms of the way I am handling more and more difficult clients. I had one who is a "frequent flier" who I've represented a couple of times. The first time I had him was for an assault case and I didn't manage him very well. He wound up not getting any jail time on that but being extremely argumentative with me. Today, I got him on board with my approach to the case and even though he got 60 days of Home Electronic Monitoring, he didn't take out his anger on me! YAY!


So after work was over, it was time for little V and me to go to Jacques Penne for his five month portrait. We roll in to find that little V and Domingo are celebrities- look at who was framed in black and white as part of the display. My favorite part is the "I Love You" that was added at the bottom of the pic. Perhaps my little V will be the next Zoolander- all he needs now is his own Blue Steel pose.
Here are the Month 5 pics- don't you love them? For people who want to order them, you just have to go to https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.asp?AC=LTPP0359102119JCP and my user name is ALISON MONROE. (Don't know if it has to be in all caps but always put it that way...) He's dressed in his Fourth of July outfit.

So Happy!!!!

Yum, my fist is dee-licious.



Ha. I love Taren. (Taren was with us and made little V laugh and laugh.)













Isn't it crazy how big I am, people?

So to top the night off, I ran my first 5K since I found out I was pregnant. Most of you know that Vake really gave me a run for my money most of the time that I was expecting him- I didn't really feel much like myself so it feels like a HUGE accomplishment. My time wasn't all that great- 41 minutes BUT it was really hot and humid. So we will take it.
Here I am with my good friend Hien- she punched it out in like 25 minute and came back and got me. I did run the whole way, though!!!!









1 comment:

  1. Great, Clay has started to remind me of Hansel. So the 2 of them can have a walk off.

    ReplyDelete