Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Peas Please!

Vake's become quite the eater in the past week. He's figured out how to slurp food from the spoon all the way down his throat.

Eric and I had him try a couple of days of rice cereal and then we set out on our first vegetable adventure: peas. We had some Gerber baby food peas that we started him with and I have to say that neither Eric nor I was all that impressed by how the Gerber peas looked or smelled. Imagine, if you will, the worst cooked cafeteria peas all mashed up. They were dark green in color and they smelled pretty grim.

So we got some regular peas, steamed them and put them through the blender. I cannot believe that I am writing this, but the difference in color and smell was astounding- they are bright green instead of kelly green and they smelled the way you want peas to smell.

Vake loves them!

Here he is at dinner tonight, just chowing down. If you look at the picture, he's wearing the cutest bib in the world. My friend from growing up, Elizabeth Hamilton, made it- too cute!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment