Sunday, July 26, 2009

Vake Loves the Ladies and Mommy Loves Silhouettes

We visited our good friends Katie and Ted yesterday- Katie lives next door to Grandmary. There was a lot of excitement at the house- both of Katie and Ted's girls had friends over and they had a super fun time playing with Vake who thought it was awesome to hang out with all the bigger children.

So it was four girls all paying attention to little V. Thank goodness he is 6 months old, not 16.

And I had Vake's silhouette made last week at Quirk Gallery by a local artist, Mary Davenport Williams. The proofs came back today- this is for what will wind up being notecards. I love to write notes and these are going to be super fun to have in the rotation. The nice thing is that Mary will keep a copy of the silhouette so you can use it in a bunch of different ways. A silhouette may well become my "go-to" gift for all my friends who are having babies!!! I think the only change that I am going to make to these cards is that the font may be copperplate instead of script.




No comments:

Post a Comment