Saturday, July 4, 2009

Big Boy Bath and Meeting and Greeting

Just as my little V-man and I had gotten used to a bath routine downstairs in the kitchen, he outsized his little infant tub. It's funny, I find that I like reclaiming rooms from the baby gear- I am just as happy not to have his bath stuff on our kitchen counter. (As another example, we packed up the pack and play to take with us to Shrinemont today and to get that space back in the dining room is tremendous and inspires me to buckle down and put the infant swings in the basement storage once I make sure that Taren's ok with that.) On the other hand, and I guess it is because I didn't have Vake until I was 34, with each step forward we make, I've got this visceral sense of loss. Now, fortunately, that loss is balanced by increased responsiveness from him, or more skills, or whatever, but I've got this sinking sense that I am going to wake up tomorrow and we will be packing him up for college and I just don't want to miss anything.

So with the outgrow of the infant tub, we've got a problem. Most babies can sit in it until they are old enough to sit in the bath independently. Unfortunately, Vake still cannot do that. I've got to mount a hunt for a supportive bath seat that will work in a claw foot tub. At Walmart, I got him this little sling but he's really too big for that already too...

Here he is in the sling inside the tub- isn't it crazy how long he already is?


And here's my little man with his towel on getting dried off and ready for bed.


And in other news, we've moved up yet another diaper size, which seems unbelievable- he wasn't in size 3s for very long. Mom and I got these Huggies "overnites" in an attempt to get him through the night in one diaper. When he woke up this morning, his clothes and his sheet were totally dry so these may wind up being a big success. The size 4s start at 22 pounds so I am optimistic that they will hold him for awhile. They just seem humongous.

Vake, as usual, was in an awesome mood this morning. I am trying to take a video of him spinning the globe on his exersaucer- he's pretty good at it but I think he is hip to my taking pictures of him so he just hams for the camera now.

As a reminder to the West Coasters who might have to make reservations, his christening is going to be on Sunday, September 27th- which is also Anne Monroe's birthday! We're going to have a lunch here afterwards- I am actively campaigning for Christopher's Cart chicken salad (it is this delicious cart downtown and you can order their chicken salad by the pound for parties, etc...)
Hope everyone has a really Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment