Thursday, July 23, 2009

Stilly Love and a New Headboard

Recently, Vake has started to become more cognizant of our two dogs, Stilly and Judge. Judge is a pretty independent fellow. He will come if you call him and is perfectly tolerant of being petted. Stilly, on the other hand, firmly believes that she is a lap dog.

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I had Vake in the room with me. Stilly jumped onto the bed and the two of them snuggled for awhile. I think this may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Then when I got home from work, Mom and I worked on my new project: a headboard for the bed in Eric and my room. Unfortunately for my friend Charlotte, she got looped into it as well...
The final product is pretty fantastic- see below. I am especially pleased because we had put off getting a bed because the one I wanted was out of our budget.
The total cost for this was about $100 and I think it gives a very good effect. Eric, when you get home, I need you to finish nailing it into the wall...




2 comments:

  1. Lovely! May I ask where you found the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out wonderfully.
    I don't think Clay quite believed me when I got home to him covered in paint and told him I'd been doing household projects.

    ReplyDelete