Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Whole Octopus

It's a clever phrase and useful in so many ways: forewarned is forearmed and forearmed is half an octopus. When I was searching for the original coiner of the phrase before I started this post, I couldn't easily find the person to whom attribution is owed but I did learn that 1.) about 1/2 the people who use this phrase say four-armed is half an octopus (note the tricky spelling difference) and 2.) four (or fore) armed is 2/5s of a squid. Which isn't nearly as funny as half an octopus, I don't think.

Here's my little octopus today wearing an outfit courtesy of Aunt Andrea by way of Wills maybe and more recently Henry. Vake is wearing these cute little suits with animals appliqued on them all the time- they're reasonably easy to get on and off and we avoid all the ideological problems that Eric has with dressing little boys in smocked outfits all the time.

Speaking of smocked outfits, Eric has been in Seattle for most (and he will fight this characterization, but it really was most) of June. When he was on a break from one of the depositions he was taking, he and the partner he's working with went to get lunch. At the restaurant, one of the workers recognized E. from his McDonald's days. Eric showed the dude the picture of Vake, who asked how old the little girl was. Harrummph I say.


Seriously, how cute is this expression. V's got a little rash on his face and I am treating it with some topical ointment, but that's why his skin is so red. (By the way, am I the only one who only sees six (6) arms on this octopus???)


As he was sitting for his photo shoot, he lost his balance, poor little guy! Not his favorite experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment