Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Daddy's Taking a Trip and Vakie's Taking a Bath

Eric is heading to Seattle today- it is going to be a long summer- he's there for basically the next two weeks, home for a weekend, then back out there. Then out there again in July and then out there for most of August. As you can imagine, I am really sad about it but think that I can probably manage because I have a lot of help! Thanks Grandmary and Taren! (It's too bad that neither of them feel like a quick weekend jaunt to Seattle with a baby because V and I are flying out to meet Eric on Thursday BY OURSELVES.

Vake did try to get the preferred parent to take him early. (See below). It's too bad we've already moved for the last time- how cute a moving card would this be? Also, have you ever seen a situation where a little boy looks more like his father?

Bathtime continues to be a big hit. Taren had to have some dental work done and Grandmary stayed with Vake this afternoon. Grandmary did an excellent job of sticking to the schedule and Vake was ready for his bath like clockwork tonight at 6:00 pm. He splashed around and was ready to snooze for the night by 7:00 pm. I always forget how amazing it is that he is such a good sleeper (12-13 hours a night) until I talk to other mothers at my office who have babies who are 14-15 months old and still not sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment