Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy Fourmonthiversary, Vake and Domingo!

It has been a busy month at the Martin and Rivera (my sister Anne and her husband Dennis) residences. Anne and I have decided that Domingo and Vake are the same age; in fact, they share the same birthday. All the easier to schedule the JC Penney Portrait Studio pictures with, I say...

Both of the family newbies have made big strides this month. Vake, today, has decided that he can sit up by himself with some assistance. Once someone puts him in the "tripod" position, it is go-time. Thanks to Taren for figuring this out!!!

At four months, Vake is a super happy little guy. He eats roughly 40-45 ounces a day. He sleeps through the night without interruption between about 6:30 pm and 6:30 am. That's not a brand new skill, though! He weighs about 20.5 pounds and is 27 inches long. He LOVES to talk and he's very interested in his hands.

His favorite books continue to be the Pigeon Books- but I think he'd probably enjoy any books with bright graphics. He's in love with his nanny, Taren. He smiles and giggles to himself all the time.

Domingo Rivera I don't know as well as I do Vake. Domingo is weighing in at a hefty eight pounds. His preferred activities include chasing two liter soda bottles around the kitchen and teething. His big accomplishment this month is getting nearly completely housebroken- go Domingo (and special note to Vake, Mommy would not object if you caught on to the whole housebroken program...)

For all the video lovers out there, I've attached a pic of little Vake laughing at his mobile- he's just such a talker. Now those of you who know me and how cold I tend to be will ask, "Alison, why is your son clad only in a diaper in his crib? Isn't he going to bed? Why don't you have his pajamas on?"
Great question, dear readers. I can only answer by saying that the day Eric leaves town is the day that the roof springs a leak and our second floor air conditioner stops working. Good times, good times. In happier news, I can report that Taren's boyfriend seems to have fixed the icemaker. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Happy four months, Vake and Domingo. Little D, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we cannot WAIT to meet you or to take you to the JC Penney Portrait Studio. I hear they may be bringing the "Harley-Davidson" special back where you can get your picture taken on a miniature motorcycle. Maybe you can get your Mom to find a tiny little helmet for you to wear!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment