Thursday, June 11, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane



What's not to love about John Denver (and what's REALLY not to love about John Denver and Kermit the Frog (and by the way, Vake and I are currently really into the 35 years of Sesame Street CD and the Muppets Retrospective CD- poor Dennis who is staying with us probably has bleeding ears from It's Not Easy Bein' Green and Rubber Ducky))???

Anyway, in the immortal words of JD, Vake and I are flying to Seattle today. I am extremely apprehensive about this trip, mostly the Charlotte to Seattle leg, because if Vake decides he's not happy, we're pretty much stuck.

There's an upside and a downside to this travel. The upside is that we are flying first class because we were supposed to go with Eric. I am optimistic that the chances that we will be treated like human beings and the flight attendants will be nice to Vake are about 50-75%. The downside, we were supposed to go with Eric. That's the hard part. He had to change his flight plans because of work.

And his work is sometimes tough for a couple of reasons. First, although I LOVE, emphasis on the word love, my job, it is sometimes frustrating to realize that I am no longer the jetsetting lawyer I used to be. I sometimes miss civil practice. Second, the tradeoff for me having this extremely nice life with a job that I love, a house that I love, a family that I love is that Eric works all the time to provide it for us. And I am so grateful but there are times when I just wish he was home. It's the age-old work life balance.

Anyway, send all your positive karma to me this afternoon that Vake is true to his peppy, sweet little form and sails through 3,000 miles of air travel the way he's sailed through everything else so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment