Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Very Hungry Caterpillar (otherwise known as Vake Martin) and The Pigeon Wants a Puppy

Vake is evolving into my own personal very hungry caterpillar. Today, he's eaten a grand total of 40 ounces. I've got to say, that's a lot. Let's hope that he's just about to start a growth spurt. It was sort of unbelievable. He woke up at about 6 am, had 8 ounces, then went back to sleep until 9:30 when he woke up. He had another 8 ounces at 10:30, at noon, at 2:30, at 4:30 and then at 6:30. That seems like so much because it used to be pretty exceptional when he would take down 4 or 5 ounces.
Aunt Martha brought over what is likely to become our new favorite book today. This is a sweet little story by Mo Willems about a pigeon who desperately wants a puppy (hence the title of the book, but humor me, ok? I am still not sleeping quite enough) but who then actually gets the puppy, is terrified of the puppy and asks for a (spoiler alert!) walrus.
Vake loves the pictures. He's funny about books. Every night when we start reading them, he's fussy for the first page or two but then he starts to study the illustrations. He was fascinated by the pigeon. Now of course my inclination is to run out and buy all the books in the series but I am trying to hold off. I think Martha got this book for us because she always jokes me (and it is true enough, I think) about how I adopt every stray puppy that comes along but this book is just adorable!


No comments:

Post a Comment