Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting to Know Our Neighbors!

Since Eric and I bought the house on the Boulevard, we've been in constant flux.

I sat down to try to figure out the changes in our life since February 2008. It was pretty incredible:

1. New house with total renovation;
2. Wedding (and the mandatory 20 pound pre-wedding weight loss for me);
3. New job for me;
4. Found out we were having little Vake;
5. New job for Eric;
6. My house not selling and having to get renters;
7. Moving into the renovated house;
8. Being pregnant (and not feeling so hot);
9. Having little Vake in February 2009.

Just living in the house and not having things change quite so quickly has been amazingly good. I am so grateful to have things finally starting to settle down a little bit (a LOT!). I feel very settled and happy here in the house on the Boulevard and am finally started to get cracking on some of the smaller projects.

Today we had an open house for our very patient Boulevard neighbors (some of whom we didn't know all that well) who tolerated a dumpster filled with stinky construction trash for nine months. We had hotdogs and beer and it was super fun. Aunt Martha was a super trooper- she came over and helped us with the whole thing.

Vake and I took our picture waiting for our friends to get here. He was wearing the cutest little elephant suit- Andrea told me about the Animal Crackers 50% off sale- and this was just irresistable.

The other exciting news is that the Erdas gave us our bench- I am going to post pictures of it tomorrow- it is going to be so great to have a bench to enjoy out there this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment