Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mulletectomy and Perfectly Perfect Saturday Morning!

Having just invented the word for having a mullet removed yesterday afternoon, I am still not confident in my spelling of mulletectomy. In fact, as if I needed to prove I was any geekier than I already am, I just wrote out the spelling of appendectomy on a a sheet of paper by the computer to make sure that my spelling made sense!

But I digress. Yesterday, the world's best nanny and I took little V. to Martinette (for those of you all who don't know about it, Hien who cuts/colors my hair and who owns the salon with her parents is Richmond's best-kept beauty secret and Hien is an amazing person). At the end of my cut, I asked Hien if there was anything we could do about the mullet. Hien got out her clippers and took care of business.

Now, just to be clear, this was not Vake's first haircut. Because if it was, I certainly would have cried. And I didn't (mostly because I am so happy to have that unfortunate little patch of hair gone!)

I just put Vake down for his morning nap. He woke up at 6:30 this morning, had a little snack and then he and I listened to Songs From the Street, which is a collection of songs from Sesame Street from 30 years ago as we played with his new shape sorter. He just laughed and laughed. Is it embarrassing to admit that I like the Sesame Street music probably more than he does? Oh well.

Eric got to sleep in, thank God. He had about a 200 hour month last month and June, July and August are looking appreciably worse than that so I am psyched that he got some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment