Monday, May 4, 2009

Sleep Training = No Fun

So we've embarked on a sleep training program. I am really hoping that what we achieve is having little Vake sleep through the night. The terrific woman that we are doing our nanny share with, J., has started her little boy H. on it with amazing results- little H. is now sleeping through the night 11 hours at a stretch.

Let me preface this by saying that Vake is about the most cheerful little cherub you could hope to know. Unless he's hungry or tired, he's seldom fussy and LOVES to smile (grin, really). However, he's also been on a schedule where he's gotten up twice a night for a little nightcap. Which was fine when I wasn't working but is a little more of a challenge now. So the big goal is to get him to sleep through the night.

Last night, armed with J.'s sleep program, we started. Before I had children, I didn't think that letting a baby cry would be a very big deal. Suffice it to say I no longer hold that belief. BUT in happier news, he only woke up once last night so I guess that is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment