Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday Wrap-up: Halloween Edition

We had a Happy Halloween with my little future fisherman! We started the day by getting Vake dressed in his Halloween costume- nothing says Halloween like a faux fishing vest. We then rolled up to see Granny Louise in Lynchburg- we went to the Children's Museum there- if you've never been it is totally worth the trip.
They don't allow strollers there, so we were backpacking it all the way, which worked out well.

We spent a pretty good amount of time in the preschool playplace- V LOVED it- and was so interested in everything that was going on.

He was an especially big fan of these giant cornstalks.




Once we had worn out the old welcome mat at the "farm" we checked out the other areas- Mom and Granny Lou especially loved the science exhibits- MS even put on the "organ smock." Can you say perfect Christmas present- she had to put her hand over her "heart" because someone's removed the heart.

This was such a cool exhibit- it is the James River and then they make it rain- it was wonderful- I am tired and am not doing it justice with my halfhearted explanation.

Then we went home and got ready for trick-or-treating. My little fisherman HATED his hat but really liked his fishing rod.


Here he is with Daddy on the front porch.


And here's the whole family- I know it is hard to tell but I went as a school of fish. It was actually not really a crafting success, but oh well.



I think this is a great snap with Dad.

Obviously, I am totally biased but do babies get much sweeter than this?




This is his new "I am being super cute" pose.

Last but not least, with Uncle Neil, the medieval knight.


No comments:

Post a Comment