Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Waiting Room

Last year at about this time, Eric was getting Buz and Ned's Barbecue for our friends and we were making a pool to try to decide how big Vake would be. Martha was the winner- although I have no idea what she said she thought the weight would be.

Eric and I had been to the doctor's office earlier that day for an ultrasound- they had told us that Vake was so big (11 pounds 11 ounces) that they would not permit me to try childbirth- it was going to be a scheduled c-section all the way. (It turned out that they guessed about two pounds too heavy but who knew?)

I was anxious but not too anxious. Mostly I just felt sick and humongous. And pretty relieved that someone was going to make the whole pregnancy process be over!!!!

The scheduled c-section is weird that way- I was admitted to the hospital at 1 and by 3:25 we had a baby. Eric went to work that morning. I thought about going but changed my mind when I realized that Anne could make it.

It was a beautiful day the day Vake was born- not like today at all...

Unbelievable that it has been a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment