Monday, February 8, 2010

The Snow! The Snow!

This weekend, we caught the blizzard, part II. I will tell you that one thing that I NEVER miss about Philadelphia is the weather. At the end of the day, I hate being cold and in Philadelphia, the snow/cold seemed to last and last.

By Sunday, we were able to get back out and we drove over to see our friends Chuck and Julie- they live near CCV and invited us to do some sledding!

Daddy and Vakey were the first to give it a shot. Here they are "prerun" waiting to head down the hill.
Halfway down, picking up speed and looking professional. Vake DID not like getting snow in his face, but liked the sliding.


Then it was my turn with Vake. I am NOT A GOOD SLEDDER. And poor Vake and I got turned around so that we went down the back half facing up the hill. I was screaming which of course totally scared Vake to death.

But we did get a cute "presled" picture out of it. Thank God no one took a post-sled pic!








2 comments:

  1. Grump-pa Jerry knew winter in Pennsylvania, and he agrees with you. Left Band Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon hearing the weather forecast, it sounds like there may be "blizzard part III" heading your way. -BIM

    ReplyDelete