Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!

So with the advent (no pun intended) of our failed trip to the Pacific Northwest, Eric and I are trying to get the house whipped into a Christmas frenzy.

(Ok, perhaps that's overdue for a rephrase. Eric's holding on as best as he can while I make up for the fact that we did NO holiday decorating...)

So the first thing we needed was a tree. Look at my little holiday pumpkin who had to wear a H-A-T to go out in the snow.
Mommy, I WILL not smile for the camera.


Nope, not going to do it, no matter how many ridiculous things you and Daddy do.


He did think that SNOW was pretty interesting though!


Here's the sight that awaited us at Lowe's. Three trees. Each more pitiful than the last. We picked out the best of the bunch, we think.



It was so cold and so miserable that there wasn't even anyone in the Garden Center that I could corral into taking our family picture.



But Daddy took one of Vake and me and I took one of Dad and the tree.










When we got home, there were some nice people walking by who were happy to take a picture- what a happy family.

I'll follow up with pictures of the decorated tree later today!










No comments:

Post a Comment