Monday, December 28, 2009

Craig's List Living Room

So Eric and I had two loveseats in the living room- I bought them in 1998 and they had a good run. But they were exactly the wrong size for our new living room and exactly perfect for Anne and Dennis' living room, so you know where they went.

Unfortunately, that left us with very little furniture.

Also unfortunately, we are trying to be exceptionally careful budgeters. So I've been combing Craig's List for a sofa, a pair of armchairs and a coffee table (oh yes, and a train table for little V!).

I found the train table today- $20.00
And the huge piece de resistance, a great coffee table AND accent table for $150.00. What a bargain.


I definitely wanted a square table to help alleviate some of the "bowling alley" length of the room- and this is a great one that is almost $800 at Pottery Barn.
Here it is in the room...


And I got a table to go in between the two chairs (eventually this will be a matched set of armchairs). But I feel really good about this purchase- I would have bought something similar and I think I saved big money!





No comments:

Post a Comment