Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Legendary Santa Claus

In Richmond, we have the real Santa Claus. I don't know how he manages to coordinate the North Pole operation while in Richmond, but that's part of the Christmas miracle.

Richmond Santa has been around forever. He used to be at Miller & Rhoads and that's where I went to visit him when I was a little girl. It is also part of the Christmas miracle that he doesn't seem to have aged one little bit!

The truly amazing thing about Richmond Santa is that when you walk up to see him, he knows your name. It is just unbelievable. I think he and the Snow Queen have some way of communicating- the Snow Queen talks to you before you get to Santa.

My little Christmas reindeer thought that Santa was very interesting. He didn't cry but he also didn't seem to quite understand the beard, either. He made a big grab for it and I rushed up but Santa told me that it was ok. He was absolutely mystified by the whole process.

He loved all the other lights and sounds associated with the evening- his very favorite thing seemed to be a necklace worn by a worker that lights up.

No comments:

Post a Comment