Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What a day!

We had a great holiday weekend- I got to spend my last day of "staycation" with the boys at Westover- always such a treat.  Vake and Davis loved rolling around in mud puddles- I've got to post some of the pictures of Vake.  Saturday, Sunday and Monday were quiet and fun- we've had amazing weather here although I think we are probably at the end of it and it will start to get hot now.

I had a jury trial today- it was the case that I tried to a hung jury in January.  I supervised a younger lawyer who tried it and did a good job- it was a case with terrible facts and our client had a bad record for convictions of this same offense.  The jury had to give him 1 year and could have given him up to 5.  They did 2.5, which I still think is a lot.  Ugh.  Oh well.

Eric and I are headed to Klamath Falls, Oregon tomorrow right before family vacation.  You know what they say: a change is as good as a rest.  I'll try to remember to take the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment