Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 4: Voyage to Manzanita

On Monday, we headed up the Oregon coast to Manzanita, where we rented a beach house with some of Eric's best friends from law school.

When we left it was raining and probably 55 degrees- I was freezing- wearing a sweater and jeans in July for goodness sakes!

But we persevered and we were rewarded with Manzanita, Oregon- a wonderful little beach town- not touristy at all- just a great little downtown street and tons of rental houses and of course, the beach!!!!

If you look at this pic, you can see the stretch of beach where we were all week.


And how amazing are the views- I mean, the combo of the mountain ranges and the Pacific is stunning.




It probably took us about 4 hours to get from Florence to Manzanita-and the trip was beautiful. We arrived at the house shortly after lunch and got settled there- that's one thing that I am learning about traveling with toddlers- you can do maybe one big activity per day- but that's probably it.






















1 comment:

  1. Hi Alison,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about the dog festival in Manzanita to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete