Thursday, October 4, 2012

You have got to be kidding.

Vake is at a funny place in life right now. He's trying to negotiate the outer limits of his behavior, especially with me. We spend a lot of time talking about the fact that he must "listen and obey" Mommy (and daddy, too).

Today was a particularly wretched day. I've got this awful cough. I don't feel sick, but I spent about two hours coughing last night. Vake was awake and wanted to have extended conversations about the big bad wolf at two, four and five, accompanied by trips back to his own bed.

So we were all tired at 7 this morning. I had to be in court and vake kicked off the morning by refusing to put on clothes, eat breakfast, put on his shoes or his backpack or go and sit in the car. Ick.

After I got him up from his nap today, he was still a grouch- I wondered of he was getting sick. So I got him ready for bed.

And the child loves to be nudie-patootie. I got a message that someone had left a package on the front porch and I went to get it. Vake, nudie, came with me.

10 minutes later, there is a knock on the door and it is a uniformed police officer. "Ma'am, we've had a report that there is a naked child on the Boulevard."

Are you kidding me? Really? He's three.

I didn't recognize the officer. He quickly agreed with me that there's no statute that I was violating.

I invite the "good Samaritan" who called the police to come walk a mile in my parenting moccasins today.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Unbelievable! Your neighbors clearly don't have enough to worry about if that's what they call the police for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably not a nieghbor - probably a prude driving by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank Zappa said that the dirtiest part of the body was the mind. Your neighbor has a sick mind. Let's pretend that he or she was just worried that Vake wasn't wearing his sun screen.Left Bank Granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to the neighborhood: be glad that it wasn't Eric going all nudie-patootie down the Boulevard.
    -BIM

    ReplyDelete