Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Whew! What a day

Vake had a tough night last night, for reasons that will become clear in a minute. About 3:30, he came up to my room for what felt Ike the millionth time.

Generally speaking, I always try to put him back in his own bed. He is a sleeping thrasher and I always find that I have to take him back to his own bed anyway, but I was just too tired. So he slept with me.

Here was the scene in our room this morning.


Now of course, his little brother is still on an impressive sleep schedule which means he is raring to go by 6:30. This was what was going on at the foot of the bed is while vake snoozed. And as it turned out, vake was tired because he had a case of strep throat.


I am pretty sure this is the first one of 2012. But so annoying. He had been acting a little "off" but I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong until he had a rash coming out of his nose.

And thank god for Jennifer Mullen. I was stuck in court so she took him to the doctor, who told me it was strep.

Then, as the final piece de resistance, look at what I saw when I went to drop Cornelia off! That's right. A daddy copperhead. Yikes!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment