Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend!

What a GREAT Thanksgiving weekend we had- and I do think that I am a little sunburned, too- the weather here has been really amazing- sunny, not humid and highs in the low 70s!

We started out the holiday weekend right- Vake's first ever parent-teacher conference was Wednesday- he's doing really well according to Miss Laura. The whole thing was pretty intimidatingly formal but Vake's doing just fine.

Then I ran into work for part-day (until the courts closed) and Mom watched Vake- we had a small hiccup when Mom and my bedframe (!) had a difference of opinion that sent us to the emergency room but FORTUNATELY it was a big no harm no foul- we were in and out of there in less than two hours- pretty amazing.

Thursday was marvelous- our friends the Morses came up from Williamsburg and we had MF, Dennis and Anne in town.

Eric worked like a dog and we were all so psyched for dinner!
I wish I had gotten a better close up of the turkey- it was delicious- so were all the sides- and Eric made the most amazing biscuits- what a challenge because biscuits are NOT easy.



Here we are getting ready to eat- please don't mind me in all my huge glory- it will be over a month from now, thank GOODNESS!!!!


















So we had a great meal and today we started to get to work on our Christmas decorations. Vake was very excited to help his Daddy by using the hammer.








And my funny little monkey likes to take the occasional break to check himself out in the mirror!

And we finished off the day (no nap!) by starting to put the decorations on the tree and by putting out the creche (Vake called it a dollhouse).




Of course, as we enter the home stretch, I am increasingly tired and Eric's not only busy at work but is picking up the slack for me at home too.


We get an ultrasound on Tuesday so that they can tell us how big they think the baby is- I'll let you know!







No comments:

Post a Comment