Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Music Man


As anyone who has ever sat next to me at church will tell you, I LOVE music. And what I lack in talent I make up for in volume.


Frankly, like so many other things in my universe, my sister Anne far outstrips me. She was one of the stars of the Censations, the St. C music group and she rocked it out on the piano all the way through high school, whereas Mrs. James and I had had enough of each other by eighth grade (a move that I actually now regret). (I've got big plans to take up piano lessons when Vake starts them.)


So what's the point here? Vake LOVES music. Loves it. We went to the Farmer's Market today and he just stood in front of the performers. Totally transfixed.
Can you believe how big my baby is? We're definitely fresh out of babies here. I went into V's room the other night and he was sleeping with his legs down. Sigh. Then today, I packed up all of the clothes from the past sixteen months to put in the basement. What a walk down memory lane.


2 comments:

  1. He literally stood on that spot staring for three songs (a guitarist and a man playing a drum & singing old Motown songs).

    I think we're going to have to buy him some kid-sized musical instruments soon. And some earplugs.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roll over, Beethoven! Left Bank Granny

    ReplyDelete