Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vake's Morning Routine and Mommy's Newest Craft Project

Vake and I have our morning routine figured out pretty well at this point. He usually wakes up sometime between 6 and 7 every morning (this morning was 6:15). Sometimes he wakes up and is talking to himself and just as funny as a little monkey. This morning he woke up and he was starving! I trotted downstairs and got him up.


After a diaper change and a quick nurse, we are ready to face the day. We head downstairs for breakfast.


We put on a bib and some music- this morning it was Snacktime by the Barenaked Ladies, thank you Evan, and then we get ready to eat. Here he is with the bib on- almost go time.

Once I've got him in the chair, I grab the food dujour. Today it was delicious apples and sweet potatoes. I steam them and then grind them up and pour them into icecube trays- he eats two icecubes of each thing at each meal. So far, he's tried peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas and apples. He doesn't really like bananas very much but seems to be a big fan of almost everything else.


Both meals also include a delicious cereal option. I am trying to use up the banana and oatmeal so we can go back to plain oatmeal and rice cereal.


Yum yum yum yum. He's a huge fan of the food products!


All gone.

He's not the neatest of eaters and I'm not the neatest of feeders so he's usually covered in breakfast by the time it is over.

Then we do some playing in the beloved exersaucer.


When the exersaucer gets old, we pal around with our buddy Stilly, who is interested in the possibility of leftover breakfast on Vake's cheeks.

And from there we do some playing with our toys and we are tired again- usually between 8 and 9. He then takes an amazing morning nap- he's still asleep right now!


I've got a birthday party for two friends coming up- the theme is Happy Birdie- I went to Ben Franklin and found some cute paper that I printed "Happy Birdie" on and then pinned the letters to a piece of grosgrain ribbon. Yep, I am definitely not getting out as much as I used to!!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment