Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Sixmonthiversary, Vake!

How fast has this last six months FLOWN by- it is just unbelievable- because when I was pregnant, I never thought the last six months would EVER pass...

Vake is the happiest, sunniest little six month old you could ever hope to meet.

At 6 months, he's off the charts for weight and head circumference and in the 95th percentile for height. He's wearing a size 4 diaper and 12-18 months clothes. He outgrew his infant car seat and is now in a convertible carseat that should get him to 65 pounds.

He's gotten to be quite a pro at sitting and he is fantastic about entertaining himself with toys that are in front of him. He seems to really enjoy reading books (or rather, having them read to him...). He likes to laugh and frequently cracks himself up!

He's starting to recognize people. He's never fussy unless he's starving or really tired. He sleeps about 12-13 hours a night and (usually) takes two excellent naps.

He's eating a good variety of solids now. He enjoys apples, zucchini, peas, peaches, sweet potatoes, carrots and green beans. He does not seem to enjoy avocado.

He's also figured out cold fusion and is working on plans for world peace and universal health care.*

We went to JC Penney after work today for portraits- how funny he is getting to be...

Hi, there, guys! I am ready to play!




My favorite part of this shot was that the JC Penney portrait studio employee included a
"green fairy" embellishment to make it look like Vake was staring at a green fairy. Like father like son I say.



Hmmm. Universal health care and world peace. How do they work hand-in-hand? I know, I will have an figure-skating summit, and we will all sing the song, "I'd like to teach the world to sing/in perfect harmony./I'd like to buy the world a Coke, and keep it company."


Naw, that's a CRAZY idea. It will never work!


So now I am feeling a little shy and embarrassed because no one wanted to sing the song with me.


Little V, Daddy and I are so glad and so happy to have you around. You are super fun and we are having a blast with you!

*Areshini and William, I know this is no match for baby Gabi but Vake's trying to keep up as best he can.






No comments:

Post a Comment