Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mom v. Dad

It's not the way you would think.  Definitely not Alison v. Eric, but in about the past ten days, we are finding that if Vake doesn't get the answer that he wants from one of us, he'll go and ask the other parent.

It is always something, isn't it?  Vake's such a sweet child, and an easy child.  And he's finally starting to become an little boy, someone who has opinions and who can carry on a conversation.  It's pretty wonderful.  While I LOVE my babies, I am starting to remember why I used to prefer babysitting for bigger children rather than babies. 

But with that comes a whole new host of challenges.  The discipline isn't getting easier.  It is impossible to believe that he's three and a half already.

2 comments:

  1. Funny thing is, he's not very good at it. If I tell him something he doesn't like, he tells me "I'm going to go ask mommy."
    EBM

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that irks you, wait until you get into passive resistance: "Go clean your room, Vake.""Okay." Fifteen minutes later, "Did you clean your room yet?" "Just a minute." Fifteen minutes later, "If you cleaned your room, why is it still messy?" "I tried." Left Bank Granny

    ReplyDelete