Thursday, April 19, 2012

Murray

I think most of you know by now that Andrea and I cooked up this scheme last year to get a pony for our children to share. All went swimmingly until abbypony did what is called foundering. Long story short, it is a foot condition caused when the grass is too rich.
Abbypony is going to be fine, but is off pasture for the summer. She was lonely, so we talked to the vet and he suggested a companion animal.




So we found a goat on craigslist. He was 10 weeks old, weaned, etc. we got to the farm to pick him up to discover he had died the night before. We were able to avert total tragedy with the children through some quick thinking...we got a replacement.




The one bad news about the replacement is that he was three days old. That's right. We are now bottle feeding a baby goat.
Which is actually not so bad. Except for the fact that I've already got plenty of things to bottle feed.
And I really did think Eric was going to kill me when I brought him to the boulevard for an overnight this week.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Richmond and Charles City

No comments:

Post a Comment