Thursday, March 8, 2012

Baby Gil at 2 months

Here are his new pictures- I cannot decide who he looks the most like right now...

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=1WA7005E000000&po=0&pc=15

We've had a crazy crazy week. I was starting to feel like we had gotten out from under baby Gil's sickness finally on Monday when (spoiler alert- she's JUST fine) Stilly got hit by a car.

Stilly is quite possibly the nicest dog in America- and while I've been home without Huff and his allergies, she's been upstairs with me a lot more. But on Monday, I had some people in the house and one of the women was obviously not comfortable around dogs, so I put Stilly in the basement.

About 15 minutes later, I looked out into the backyard and noticed that the gate had blown down- we had had a lot of wind. I excused myself from our guest, grabbed the baby and put him in the sling and took Vake.

We crossed the street and I called for Stilly- she must've heard my voice and came streaking back across the street- and BAM- she got hit and looked like a square hit to the right rear hip. She ran off and streaked back home.

The next few minutes are a blur, but we got her to the vet and after about 2 and a half hours and a bunch of x-rays and pain pills, we were allowed to take her home.

Yikes.

When it rains, it pours.

For serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment