Monday, September 28, 2009

Anne's Birthday and Vake's Baptism- the two part post!

Here's to my amazing sister, Anne Monroe, M.D.

Anne, I am so proud of you. You are so accomplished- how many people are able to achieve what you have achieved, both professionally and personally. And, as if that's not enough, you are just an amazing person- I am so lucky to have you as a sister- you remind me so often of what we are all actually striving for and reaching for in this world. Thanks. I think you are the bomb.com.

What a happy day we had on Sunday- we celebrated Anne's birthday on Saturday night and little Vake was baptized at Grace and Holy Trinity on Sunday. In these pictures, you might be wondering why he's not wearing the baptismal gown. Suffice it to say that it needs a little repair after Grandmary and Mommy attempted to stuff a very large baby into a very small dress.
V was a star. If he could walk, he would have sashayed his way down the center aisle. He didn't cry, didn't fuss and was generally cheerful about the whole process. It's not very good of me but I was SO proud when so many people told me what a gorgeous baby he is...
Here he is with Uncle Neil.

And livin' it up with Aunt Martha...


We were very fortunate to have Uncle Brook and Left Bank Granny Sue come in from Seattle- and how nice that they got a good dose of Richmond sunshine!


Here he is with Aunt Andrea- I didn't manage to get organized and get a pic with Wills, which is a total bummer- oh well...

And unfortunately, my pumpkin who was such a trooper started to get totally tuckered out- so he and I did not get a good picture together- this is about it....

But a certain someone still managed to pull it together for Grandmary...


Anne, thanks again for sharing your special day with us! We love you!

1 comment: