Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How's it going: Vake's school

So there have been so many moving parts to this move that it makes sense to talk about one of them at a time.

Vake's school has been a great transition so far- he loves Miss Lisa and Miss Jenna and the paraprofessionals who work with the class.  Miss Lisa is an old pro, which I find very comforting.  It is a little bit different from what we were used to at First Baptist, where the focus seems to be on getting the children into Richmond's private schools, but this change isn't a bad one- I feel as though I may have "baby Vake" for one more year. 

If I could change one thing about the school, I'd make the school morning a little longer and have it be five days a week, but then again, when I think about the changes that Vake's had in his life in the past six months, I think that maybe this time that he and I are getting together while the world is moving a little more slowly is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment