Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I hope Daddy will take me fishing.

One of the sad casualties of our life with children is Eric's complete and total loss of all unscheduled free time. Part of it was bound to go anyway, what with being married to an extreme extrovert, but the rest of it definitely swept away on a sea of birthday parties and swim classes. Didn't really bother me too much as I am the queen of overscheduling but I think that the loss for Eric was more acute.

Fishing met an untimely death at this house. Eric has a bunch of fishing rods in the garage that haven't been used in quite a while. Thanks to an episode of curious George, Vake knows all about fishing.

This morning, we were walking past the rods when Vake turns and looks at me and says, "I hope my daddy will take me fishing.". And that's when you know you've finally turned the corner. You've got a little person who wants to go fishing.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I bet a sawbuck Eric helped Vake rehearse for that scene in the garage. Next time, the dialogue will probably be along the lines of "I sure wish daddy could take me for a boat ride." I have used this strategy myself, and it generally works pretty well. BAG

    ReplyDelete