Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Solid Food at Six Months

With baby Vake, I was in a huge hurry to see what he could or would do next.  Be it crawling or cooing, I was obsessed with stats, milestones and accomplishments.

With baby Gil, I don't know what it is, but I haven't felt even vaguely tempted to pick up "What to Expect in the First Year".  I guess it could be that the fates have blessed me with such a sweet little mellow soul- this child has his father's sweet personality. (I know, I know, I said it about Vake too, but this little Gil takes easygoing to a whole new level...)

At any rate, the pediatrician said that I could introduce solid foods at 4 months.  But you know what?  I was in no hurry.  Months four and five came and went.  Then finally...month 6.  And we gave it a shot.


And you know what?

We loved it.  Really really loved it.

I swear I get it why old ladies stop young moms in the grocery store.  I love this baby.

And since he turned six months, we've added all kinds of fruits and veggies.  YUM!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment